Compassion

I often wonder if I am called by God to adopt or if the desire to care for others is just something that my mother instilled in me. Or is it because I am to be called to adoption that God led my mother to instill this deep level of compassion for the orphan inside me. The longer I pray about this and for God to show me if this is His will for our life here on Earth - I lean more towards the latter. Towards God leading my Mother to instill this in me all those years while growing up. Growing up I can remember on multiple occasions my mom speaking of fostering children in our home. How she wanted to do this one day when her biological kids were grown and had left home. I haven't talked with her about this in many many years - I wonder if she still feels this way. My mother is a compassionate woman. She is very successful in the business world and very busy - she has a lot on her plate all the time - she always has. Yet she always finds time to do things for other people, including her children. I feel so blessed to have her as my example. I love her and her willingness to serve others. She is amazing. I hope that I am in my own way following in her footsteps. I will continue to pray about God's will for my life - for what Eric, Ashley and I have been called to do. Are we to open our family to an adopted child? Are we to give financially to orphanages? Are we to get involved in school planting to give these orphaned children a real chance at life? What is your will, oh Lord? Show us. Place your hand over us and guide us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment