Contact from Agency

Well, even though I told myself to forget this one - that I didn't feel comfortable with all the risk. I can't stop thinking about Grant. I have prayed so many nights while laying in bed. I'm not sure if I even get more than a few hours of sleep because I just lay there praying. Last night I specifically asked God to show me clearly if we should pursue this adoption.

Three things happened - and I'm not saying that each of these was from God -- but I'm not saying that they weren't either.
1. The agency contact reached out to me this morning. Her email was so kind and not pushy at all as I remember the last one being. She simply asked if we were still considering this child and if she could answer any more questions for us. So of course I went back and read her last email to us - the one where I thought she was pushy - and realized that she wasn't being pushy at all and actually answered all of our previous questions.
2. I also specifically prayed about the age difference between Ashley and Grant. While Eric and I are open to adopting out of birth order - we did not want them in the same grade. I prayed that I would feel peace about this should it happen and prayed for wisdom about this. I was searching our school districts website for enrollment dates to make sure that I was right that Grant would be one year ahead of Ashley should we get him soon and he be able to start Kindergarten on time - when I found a blessing. Our school district is the only one in the state of Texas that has a Chinese/English bilingual Kindergarten program. WOW! So if we can get him home and get him in this program he will still be able to stay one year ahead of Ashley. I have chills. I know the transition could go badly and he may not be able to start school when we hope that he can - but this at least gives us some possibility of it happening.
3. This is totally dumb - I know. But I was reading about adopting older children on a well known blog and all of the posts were from one writer -- there were about 20 posts -- and the writer's name is Grant. So dumb - I know - I'm not saying it's a "sign". But just one more thing today that is putting Grant in front of me.

So I am emailing the agency contact back - asking for her thoughts on if he would be able to enter a Chinese/English Kindergarten when we get him home. Not expecting much of an answer b/c I know it is so dependent on each specific child....but we'll see what she has to say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment