DUH

First frustrating, "are you serious, adoption moment"

Called Ashley's pediatrician's office to see if her dr. would review our 6 pages of sparse medical info on Grant and give us a little insight. HA! Seems easy enough, right? WRONG!

Receptionist: Hello, blah blah blah
Me: My daughter is a patient of Dr. X, we are in the process of adopting a little boy from China that is considered special needs. I would like to schedule a time to review his medical file w/ Dr. X.
Receptionist: How old is the child, Dr. X can only see new patients for well checks.
Me: He is 5.
Receptionist: Is he current on his shots?
Me: I don't know - all I have on him is 6 sheets of paper - there is no shot information.
Receptionist: Well, I can't schedule an appointment without knowing which well check visit this will be and we have to know if he's current on his shots for that.
Me: I don't see why this matters - he will not be coming with me - I haven't adopted him yet. I just want Dr. X to look over his medical file. It won't take long maybe 15 minutes - we don't have much.
Receptionist: Does he have insurance?
Me: No, not yet. We haven't adopted him yet - but he will once it is final.
Receptionist: Well, I can't book an appointment for him.
Me: How much is Dr. X's standard rate for an appt? We can just pay for it.
Receptionist: I already told you that I can't book you for an appointment because you don't know about his shots.
Me: I don't see why it matters - he won't be coming for shots. Can I book an appointment like I did before we had our daughter Ashley. We came in to chat. Can I have an appointment like that?
Receptionist: No, those consults are only for new parents.
Me: I will be a new parent to this child.
Receptionist: You said he was five.
Me: I just want to show her his file - is there any way to do this?
Receptionist: I will track down Dr. X in between appointments and see what she says - either she or I will call you back.
Me: Thank you. I really appreciate your help. ((( trying not to scream or show my sarcasm!)

Still waiting 2 days later for a call. nice.

I know this is just one of many frustrations to come. I have heard that enrolling in school is fun without a social security number or shot record. YIPEE! But honestly I hope I get to fight those battles - because if I don't that means that we were denied Grant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment